Decals

Color Chart

GFIA
Latest News

GFIA Articles &
Activities Index

Find us on Facebook

Thanks (Breeding & Color ID)

by steve, Western Massachusetts, Wednesday, October 05, 2016, 01:22 (170 days ago) @ Barbara-NH

ok, thanks!

I'm happy with another white one. When I bought my first batch mail order 5 years ago, it came with more than 50% of them being white, so I was sick of them. But I only have two now, and I've grown to appreciate how pretty and unusual they are, and was thinking I could use another. And it's really funny to see this little bright white one among all the other dark colors.

Side note: One of my two white hens is the only one I have left from my original flock from 2011. I had a big loss that first year, and then the occasional big turnovers over the years that preserved most of the flock, but lost every other original bird I got. This one white hen, now 5.5 years old, somehow managed to survive every fox or hawk attack, every illness, and every predator attack that scattered the flock so even the survivors suffered losses from being out after dark. Don't know how she did it, but I'm very fond of her.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread