Guinea
Decals

Color Chart

GFIA
Latest News

GFIA Articles &
Activities Index

Find us on Facebook

What kind of baby food is safe to give? (Diseases & Injuries)

by buckwheatkeet, Tuesday, November 15, 2016, 19:41 (246 days ago) @ BennieAndTheJets

I've never offered canned baby food to my birds, but have given it to sick cats and dogs in the past. The only thing the vet told me was to make sure it did not have garlic or onion in it. That would be for the meat variety of course. Maybe you could try a meat, a fruit, and a veggie one to see if he likes any of them. Perhaps the dry rice cereal for babies that you mix with water? Another thing I used for my guineas was Poultry Nutri-Drench mixed in their water. It says on the label "Rapid, Rich Nutritional Supplement For All Classes Of Poultry". Its a 4oz. bottle with a yellow and white label and an eyedropper lid. I got it at Tractor Supply. I used to thaw frozen corn or peas (they preferred the corn) under hot water, drain it and put vitamin E on it. (also works good on watermelon) I put a little apple cider vinegar in their water too. (not everything at one time though of course). I hope some of this is helpful for you Bennie and I really hope Blue will be ok!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread