Guinea
Decals

Color Chart

GFIA
Latest News

GFIA Articles &
Activities Index

Find us on Facebook

Part 2: And now it's worse (General Discussion)

by Trillium, Wednesday, June 28, 2017, 16:38 (172 days ago) @ Trillium

Okay, so part 1 is what I originally wrote out last night to post today. But just this morning, we let Bill out into the yard as usual. 15 minutes later, I glanced out the kitchen window and saw him lying dead in the grass. There wasn't a mark on him, or a feather out of place. There hadn't been any noise at all. It's like he just laid down and died.

I'm at a complete loss. He was only 4 months old. He had food and water, and he hadn't seemed ill (that I could tell). Last Saturday, he seemed to be favoring one leg, but it only lasted for a few minutes, so we figured he was okay. Could he have choked on something? Can guineas die of loneliness? I found some mold on the dirt floor of the run (last week was wet, and the run is mostly shaded) - did that make him sick?

I just don't get it. In the last four months, all seven of our guineas have gotten lost and/or died. I feel like I don't know what I'm doing, and I must be doing it all wrong. Is the new batch doomed, as well?

So if you need to chew me out for anything irresponsible I'm doing, DO IT. I'd much rather that than have more birds die. I was really fond of Bill, and I just feel sick and confused about all this.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread