GFIA
Latest News

GFIA Articles &
Activities Index

Find us on Facebook

Incubator (General Discussion)

by BennieAndTheJets, Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 17:04 (151 days ago) @ cmorris1
edited by BennieAndTheJets, Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 17:13

I have the Hovabator from the Incubator Warehouse - have been loving it for 5 years now and it still works

Just one data point

I think I have this one:
http://incubatorwarehouse.com/hova-bator-genesis-1588-egg-incubator.html

and I got the automatic egg turner and the Incutherm Temp/Humidity gauge which I have used in the coop as well, since it stores max and min temperatures it reads until you clear them, so I can tell how hot or cold it got while I was away

I think I got a kit but I don't see it now - I got the yellow egg rack egg turner with my kit back then and it works well - even had keets hatch in it by accident and they were fine

One thing: it does not work well (the temperature) when the humidity is higher than 60% or something like that and mine overheated one time this year because it was incredibly humid in the room and 'bator (like 80-90%) - bator went to 100.5 F even while set to 95.5 F and it may have killed some eggs - they do state this on the box, I think, that humidity has to be under a certain value for the temp to work properly, so I am ok with that - just have to watch the humidity more closely - my fault

did hatch keets in there without the egg turner and higher humidity (maybe 70%?) but that is just my experience

overall I love this one and have hatched many batches of keets in there

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread