Decals

Color Chart

GFIA
Latest News

GFIA Articles &
Activities Index

Find us on Facebook

Tylan dosing (Diseases & Injuries)

by Barbara-NH @, Thursday, August 03, 2017, 00:24 (134 days ago) @ BennieAndTheJets

My understanding is that the instructions are meant for commercial flocks, and the procedure to mix the Tylan powder insures that it gets completely dissolved prior to administering. I wonder if perhaps the manufacturer cannot legally give out dosing advice due to a pending lawsuit? I don't know, just a guess.

It is hard to discover what the dose would be when preparing just a gallon for treating a small backyard flock, but I believe the proper way to treat your guineas would be to put 1 teaspoon of the Tylan powder in a dry glass container with a lid. Always add the powder to the container first before pouring in any water. Add 1 quart of water to the jar, close the lid, and shake the solution vigorously until the powder is dissolved. Then you can combine that solution (1 quart) with 3 quarts of water (1 gallon total) in your waterer and stir thoroughly. A new solution should be prepared each day you are treating your flock.

How long are you planning to treat your birds? I know it can vary depending on the severity of the condition.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread