Guinea
Decals

Color Chart

GFIA
Latest News

GFIA Articles &
Activities Index

Find us on Facebook

How could she do that??!!!!! (General Discussion)

by ZoeTX, Friday, October 14, 2016, 10:28 (167 days ago)

Yesterday when I went out to let the young birds (6-months old)out, one was hung up in the light fixture by it's leg.

She had somehow gotten up into the light fixture that has a guard over the light and gotten her leg tangled into the cover of the light. We had to totally dismantle the light fixture to get her out.

She limped a bit when we released her. Totally unappreciative of the fact that we had rescued her and verbalized her displeasure loud and long. She was fine when she came in last night. I cannot understand how she got herself in that situation.

GUINEAS!! They are always looking for something impossible to do. LOL

(Thankful that we went out obviously not long after she did it and she was not seriously injured.)

She's a very lucky girl

by Barbara-NH, Friday, October 14, 2016, 10:49 (167 days ago) @ ZoeTX

It goes to show that guineas really need us. LOL Or maybe it's just that we place so many obstacles in their way that they need to learn how to maneuver around - things like light fixtures and wire fences. I'm really glad that your girl was rescued before any real damage was done. l:b Sorry she wasn't more appreciative. r:e

How could she do that??!!!!!

by service1010, Tucson AZ, Saturday, October 15, 2016, 08:31 (166 days ago) @ ZoeTX

So happy she is okay!

How could she do that??!!!!!

by BennieAndTheJets, Saturday, October 22, 2016, 13:15 (159 days ago) @ ZoeTX

Not much different from an oh-so-intelligent human, the way I see it.

You can do the world for people who get themselves into trouble and what do you get for thanks? A: It was everyone else's fault I got into trouble in the first place! Next time come out faster to help! Could never have been my fault! :-)

By the way, I found this awesome video on crows. Worth seeing, I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gdqdrWZzO0

Very interesting about the crows....

by ZoeTX, Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 23:15 (156 days ago) @ BennieAndTheJets

I see more hawks, coyotes and bobcats listening to the crows than I do listening to the dog or guineas. They are real alert artists.

RSS Feed of thread