Decals

Color Chart

GFIA
Latest News

GFIA Articles &
Activities Index

Find us on Facebook

Want to buy keets (General Discussion)

by jcummins, Thursday, March 16, 2017, 22:18 (74 days ago)

Anxious to get some keets. I understand Rural King does get keets in, but have concerns of them selling out fast. In checking hatchery on line....it's a crap shoot of sorts. I'm finding that many hatcheries already have their ship dates out several weeks. So I'm debating whether to wait for Rural King, or order (then you have the shipping cost). Any recommendations on ordering on line. I'm in Creal Springs, Il, in southern Illinois.

What I know

by Barbara-NH, Thursday, March 16, 2017, 23:45 (74 days ago) @ jcummins

I'm not familiar with Rural King, but it sounds a lot like Tractor Supply or Agway that we have here in New England. We purchased our guinea keets from a local feed store (Blue Seal Feeds), but we ordered them in advance of delivery to the store, so we didn't have to worry about the store selling all the keets before we could get there.

I've only heard good things about Guinea Farm in New Vienna, Iowa, if you're considering ordering from them. Your keets will be more expensive, but chances are very good that they would arrive in excellent health.

I checked our Breeders List, but it doesn't look like any of the breeders are close to you. You could try to buy your keets from Rural King, and if that doesn't work out, then you could try ordering from a hatchery. I know that would mean a bit of a wait, but there may not be any other way to do it.

What I know

by ZoeTX, Monday, April 17, 2017, 15:52 (42 days ago) @ Barbara-NH

Wonder if we might could reach out to members in IL, and see if anyone can help out.

That might work

by Barbara-NH, Monday, April 17, 2017, 23:30 (42 days ago) @ ZoeTX

I don't think we have any official GFIA members from Illinois, but perhaps there is somebody in our Facebook group.

That might work

by jcummins, Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 20:17 (41 days ago) @ Barbara-NH

I don't think we have any official GFIA members from Illinois, but perhaps there is somebody in our Facebook group.

Rural King finally got some in. Just to be sure i put in an order with them.

Thanks for the update!

by Barbara-NH, Tuesday, April 18, 2017, 22:27 (41 days ago) @ jcummins

Good to know you were able to get some!

RSS Feed of thread