Guinea
Decals

Color Chart

GFIA
Latest News

GFIA Articles &
Activities Index

Find us on Facebook

Heads up on GFIA's plans for this forum (General Discussion)

by Barbara-NH, Friday, April 07, 2017, 11:31 (23 days ago)

I'm sorry to say that things aren't looking good for keeping this forum active in its current format. The powers that be are considering a new forum with better security and archiving this one which would still be accessible for reference.

I have such mixed feelings about this. I wish we could keep things going as they have been for the many years the forum has been "open for business;" but with participation dwindling, I guess I don't really see the point.

It was fun while it lasted! Thank you to all who moved this forum along with their questions and comments. I have no other information on any changes we might see in the future, but I will be sure to let you know when I do.

Heads up on GFIA's plans for this forum

by buckwheatkeet, Sunday, April 16, 2017, 01:36 (14 days ago) @ Barbara-NH

I'm so sorry to hear this. This forum has been so helpful to me when I had my guineas. I don't know what I would have done without everyones help. Especially you Barbara. Maybe some of us "diehard" guinea fans can still keep in touch somehow?
Sure will miss everyone. :-{

There's still a chance...

by Barbara-NH, Sunday, April 16, 2017, 15:18 (14 days ago) @ buckwheatkeet

..that we will continue to have a message board on our website, but I don't know what format it will be in. If we do, it may not look or work the same, but I'm sure we would figure things out. We would probably need to re-register to be able to post.

I would miss everyone, too, if we drop the forum. I'm hoping that doesn't happen.

There's still a chance...

by buckwheatkeet, Sunday, April 16, 2017, 17:16 (14 days ago) @ Barbara-NH

I hope not either.....:hc: :h:

I actually have thought you were Gone for the past few weeks...

by ChrisCT, Saturday, April 29, 2017, 15:07 (15 hours, 40 minutes ago) @ Barbara-NH

I read this thread and was very concerned when it was first posted. The next time I tried to come here I got that "Website Unavailable" message and thought "OH NO!!! It's really Gone!".

I kept it as one of my toolbar bookmarks though and continued to try but, same rejection. Fortunately I'm persistent, clicked on it everyday as I went through my toolbar links, and not until Yesterday did I again see the board. It was obvious that there had been many threads and posts here since.

This morning,,, back to rejecting it as an unavailable website. I couldn't get back in until I went into cookies and removed "guineas.com" (I remembered from other times when something like this had happened).

Hope it works tomorrow ;-) but you should be aware there might be others like me, only Less persistent, that have given-up because this thread immediately preceded a problem with resolving the website...

RSS Feed of thread