Guinea
Decals

Color Chart

GFIA
Latest News

GFIA Articles &
Activities Index

Find us on Facebook

img: Wanted to share a picture of my guineas and the nest (General Discussion)

by ZoeTX, Sunday, April 23, 2017, 13:32 (215 days ago)

If I can get this figured out, I'm posting a picture of 3 guineas sitting on a huge nest. All 3 are sitting on eggs, but you will note eggs not being covered on the left side of the picture. I have some really busy girls![image]

Hope you end up with LOTS of cute little keets!

by Barbara, Monday, April 24, 2017, 01:35 (215 days ago) @ ZoeTX

- No text -

Hope you end up with LOTS of cute little keets!

by ZoeTX, Monday, April 24, 2017, 11:40 (214 days ago) @ Barbara

Me too. Market for keets right now is really good. Hope I beat other folks with hatches this year. LOL

img: another nest pic

by pbowerman, Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 12:03 (213 days ago) @ ZoeTX

I have been wondering what happens when guineas lay more eggs than 1 hen can possibly set. This nest had 75 eggs in it. I have first year layers and sometimes they just lay in the general vicinity of the nest.

[image]

another nest pic

by ZoeTX, Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 15:08 (213 days ago) @ pbowerman

The nest where my 3 hens are sitting is still an active nest. The ones sitting and laying near the nest are last years keets and they stay together for everything. There are 8 of them and it seems that all the females are still adding to the nest that is already more than 3 can handle. I have no idea how this is going to work when keets do finally start hatching. The first hen started sitting about 18 days ago.

Hope your hens decide that more than one can sit at the same time. That is a ton of eggs you have there!

RSS Feed of thread