Guinea
Decals

Color Chart

GFIA
Latest News

GFIA Articles &
Activities Index

Find us on Facebook

Eggs rolled around in incubator (General Discussion)

by cmorris1 @, Sunday, June 25, 2017, 01:06 (175 days ago)

Hi, My egg are about 2-4 days from hatching and my incubator got bumped fairly hard which caused the eggs to roll around, do you think the keets inside are still OK? Thank you.

I have no experience with anything like this

by Barbara, Monday, June 26, 2017, 00:19 (174 days ago) @ cmorris1

But, my gut feeling is that they should be okay. If this happened early on in the incubation process, I might think differently.

Has anything happened since you posted? Have you candled any of the eggs to see if there is still movement? Did any of the eggs get cracked?

I hope there is nothing to worry about. Please let us know what happens so we all can learn from your experience. g:l :h:

I have no experience with anything like this

by cmorris1 @, Monday, June 26, 2017, 01:17 (174 days ago) @ Barbara

The eggs did not crack, so far I have had 1 born and she is fine. Hoping none were harmed. Will keep you posted!

Sounds promising!

by Barbara, Monday, June 26, 2017, 03:04 (174 days ago) @ cmorris1

Happy to hear you have one little one and hope you have many more! Thanks for the update. :)

I have had a similiar experience

by ZoeTX, Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 00:23 (173 days ago) @ cmorris1

It was about a week before hatch date and grandson bumped the incubator and gave the eggs a real rocking and rolling time. My hatch rate was about 70% and it was early in the season, so I don't think that it harmed the keets at all.

GOOD LUCK!! Let us know more!

I have had a similiar experience

by cmorris1 @, Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 00:28 (173 days ago) @ ZoeTX

So far so good, 11 hatched with no problems!!

YAY!!! That is so wonderful. They are tough little things

by ZoeTX, Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 09:48 (173 days ago) @ cmorris1

- No text -

Eggs rolled around in incubator

by cmorris1 @, Thursday, July 13, 2017, 18:37 (157 days ago) @ cmorris1

Hello everyone! I only got 14 keets out of the hatch, I do not know if it was from the eggs rolling around or something else, but at least at got 14. It was a styrofoam incubator and when it got bumped a piece of it broke off, so it was tough to keep the temperature constant. So I buy another incubator, fill it with guinea eggs, and it won't work at all, and it was a fancy digital one. I now have another new one, and at least this one is keeping the temperature constant. Not had good luck this go around.

Congratulations on 14 little keets!

by Barbara, Thursday, July 13, 2017, 22:10 (157 days ago) @ cmorris1

Hope you have good luck with the new incubator!

RSS Feed of thread