Guinea
Decals

Color Chart

GFIA
Latest News

GFIA Articles &
Activities Index

Find us on Facebook

img: 2017 Auction T-Shirt Design (General Discussion)

by BennieAndTheJets, Saturday, July 15, 2017, 17:33 (93 days ago)
edited by BennieAndTheJets, Saturday, July 15, 2017, 22:07

Ta-dah!

I am planning to donate 2 T-shirts (probably one medium and one extra large) to this year's fund raiser auction, with the following, new, 2017 design. Still working on the colors - not happy with the orange yet, especially on the legs.

[image]

Custom addition of name is optional
[image]

Those will be wonderful! Thank you so much!

by Barbara-NH @, Sunday, July 16, 2017, 18:48 (92 days ago) @ BennieAndTheJets

I understand about the design you had planned to use, but please know that I will cherish the shirt you made for me even more knowing how much you loved Blue. It has special meaning to me now.

The keet design is so cute! Do they have names?

img: Those will be wonderful! Thank you so much!

by BennieAndTheJets, Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 10:04 (90 days ago) @ Barbara-NH
edited by BennieAndTheJets, Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 10:11

I understand about the design you had planned to use, but please know that I will cherish the shirt you made for me even more knowing how much you loved Blue. It has special meaning to me now.

The keet design is so cute! Do they have names?

Thanks, Barbara.

Yeah - I changed the 2016 design, and if I make any more they will look like this:
[image]

I doubt that folks would like to wear a Blue Memory Shirt if they did not even know him, so I made a new design.

The keets don't have names. Well, I am sure by now they do :-D , but I am not sure which ones they were. Here is the photo:
[image]

Those will be wonderful! Thank you so much!

by buckwheatkeet, Friday, August 11, 2017, 00:31 (67 days ago) @ BennieAndTheJets

The shirts are beautiful Bennie. I love the keet design. Hope you are doing well.

Hey buckwheatkeet!

by BennieAndTheJets, Saturday, August 12, 2017, 03:01 (66 days ago) @ buckwheatkeet

Hi buckwheatkeet,

We are fine - thank you - when Blue died, two Coral Blue keets were born and two Lavender and a Royal Purple and a Perl - so far we are keeping them all.

Got to get them out of my bathroom this weekend and then we'll see how it goes out there.

We usually only get Perl babies, so this was a surprise and sort of a hint from fate.

I had to smile to myself and thought, yeah, it will take several Guineas to replace Blue...

And there they were.

Do you know the song: And when I'm dead and when I'm gone - there will be one child born to carry on! ?

I like that song. Make me less sad about death because it is part of life on earth, I guess.

Of course I will have to make you a shirt with the new design, since you are buckwheatkeet! ;-) Just give me plenty of time - I am slow with these things. :-)

I loved your card, by the way - nothing beats your Guinea poems!

I hope you have Guineas again one day. You could get some from us, but again, our keets are mostly Perl and you may want some more variety. This year was a real surprise treat for us.

Hope you and your other critters are doing well!

-Bennie

Hey buckwheatkeet!

by buckwheatkeet, Wednesday, August 30, 2017, 16:22 (47 days ago) @ BennieAndTheJets

Hi Bennie! So good to see pictures of those precious keets! Little Felix sleeping in the tub made me smile! I'm so glad you have more colors now. It does seem like fate. Glad you liked your card and poem. Of course I would love a new shirt with the new design! You are so kind to think of me! g:w g:e :h: :hc:

The New design is beautiful!!

by ZoeTX, Thursday, August 31, 2017, 07:42 (46 days ago) @ buckwheatkeet

- No text -

The New design is beautiful!!

by ZoeTX, Thursday, August 31, 2017, 07:43 (46 days ago) @ ZoeTX

Sorry, I punched enter before I got to write what I wanted to say....

I cherish my "Blue" shirt from last year and keep a picture of blue on my desk. Looking at him just makes me smile. Thanks so much Bennie.

RSS Feed of thread